NEW – Fram Leisure Lockdown Closure Announcement
Issued: Monday 02 November 2020 at 19:00 GMT
Following the Government announcement made on Saturday 31st October, we will unfortunately have to close Fram Leisure to our members from Thursday 5th November until at least Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
We are hugely disappointed after the incredible effort our team and members have made in providing a safe and enjoyable facility to use since re-opening on 3rd August.
We will keep the situation under constant review with the intention of re-opening when we are instructed it is safe to do so.
For those members who pay by monthly direct debit, due to the timing of the announcement we were unable to prevent the November payments coming out today. We will now freeze December’s payments so that if we do re open early next month, you are not charged in lieu of the November payment. Fees would then re-start on 1st January 2021. If there is a change to the re-opening date, we will keep payments frozen until then and you will be informed prior to it restarting.
For annual payers, the duration of time we are closed for will be added to your expiry date (as per the previous lockdown in the Spring).
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members for their continued support and understanding during this time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
Manager, Fram Leisure
Covid 19 (Coronavirus) Information
Fram Leisure re-opened on Monday 3rd August. To book on to a class or enquire about facilities hire, please call 01728 727223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. General measures we are undertaking include:
- To use the facility, you must pre book a session.
- Please book by phone on 01728 727223 or at Reception.
- Each session will last 40 minutes (starting at the top of every hour), followed by 10 minutes to vacate the centre. This then allows the staff enough time to clean hot spots and touch points ready for the next session.
- Limited numbers available (15 for the Swimming Pool and 14 for the Gym per session).
- Please cancel your booking in advance if you are unable to attend to give other members the opportunity to attend the Centre.
- There will be no limits to the sessions you can book per week, but this will be kept under review.
- Bookings can only be made up to 7 days in advance.
- A waiting list will be used when sessions are fully booked.
Please see the links below to view the latest Opening Hours.
- The College’s Sports Hall Car Park is currently closed due to being used as a COVID-19 test centre.
- Alternative car parking / pedestrian routes are available (Click here for map).
- Queueing will run from the main entrance door towards the Astro Turf Sports Pitches maintaining a 2-metre distance identified by floor markings.
- Please do not arrive until 5 minutes before your pre booked session.
- Sanitise hands at stations when entering and exiting the building.
- You must register your arrival at reception using your membership card. This is crucially important should there be a localised outbreak and we need to have a record of visits for the governments Track and Trace system.
- Where possible, payments made at reception will need to be paid by card, preferably contactless.
- Follow directions given by staff at reception to the location that applies to you, (i.e men’s swimming changing room).
- Come ‘Swim ready’ (swimwear under clothing) where possible to reduce numbers / time spent in the changing rooms.
- Follow directional guidance to pool side from Reception.
- Chairs are available to change on poolside which we would encourage where possible providing you are ‘swim ready’.
- Pool layout will consist of 3 lanes (Fast, Medium, Slow/recreational).
- Numbers will be limited per lane.
- Fun Session will not run on Sundays – but it’s return will be under constant review.
- A total of 15 slots will be available for each swimming session.
- 1 Adult with maximum of 1 child (11 years and under).
- Come ‘Gym Ready’.
- Showers are NOT available, but toilets and sinks are.
- No changing rooms will be available for gym uses.
- Please keep personal belongings to a minimum. Lockers will not currently be available.
- Limited capacity in all gym rooms to ensure social distancing at all times.
- Before entering any of the 3 gym rooms – please sanitise hands using the stations available at each entry point.
- All stations / equipment are spread out so social distancing measures can be maintained.
- Around the gym you will find disinfectant sprays and hand towels. All equipment used must be wiped down before and after use in order to ensure the equipment is correctly sanitised.
- Increased staff levels will be monitoring rooms and clean down equipment at regular intervals.
- Class timetable has been amended due to the change in session times (please see below for the latest timetable).
- The use of your own exercise mat is recommended.
- All classes will correspond with social distancing measures.
- Spin is currently postponed, but this will be kept under review.
Exiting the Centre:
- Gym users will exit via the front door where you entered the facility.
- Swimmers will exit via the fire exit next to lifeguard chair.
- Those attending classes will exit via the front door where you entered the facility.
- The safety of staff and members is our number one priority.
- These new procedures have been issued after working with the guidance published by UK Active, Swim England and the UK government.
- Face masks are not mandatory for either members or staff. You are of course welcome to wear a mask if that is your preference.
- Please clean all equipment before and after use to make the facility a safe place for all staff and members.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 meters throughout the facility.
- Please do not come to the gym if you do not feel well or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms. If you do have symptoms – self isolate and arrange a test at the earliest opportunity.
- Come to the facility dressed appropriate to your exercise, this is to help reduce times in the changing rooms.
- Use hand sanitiser stations before entering and exiting the gym rooms.
- Any questions please do not hesitate to ask the centre staff.
- Please ensure all personal details you have with us are kept up to date to ensure we can supply you all with the most up to date information.
- Everything is under constant review. Constructive feedback from all members and staff regarding the new arrangements will be greatly appreciated in order for us to make this work in a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
A risk assessment can be found on our Coronavirus update page here.