UPDATE – Fram Leisure Covid-19 Re-opening Announcement
Updated: Wednesday 7 April 2021 at 14:53 BST
We are very pleased to announce that due to the easing of national lockdown restrictions, Sports Centres have been given the green light to reopen from Monday 12 April.
All the measures detailed below have been reviewed and updated based on our experiences of reopening last August, government guidance and our own risk assessments.
Important information regarding membership payments:
- As a gesture of good will Fram Leisure have decided not to charge for April. Members who paid January’s fees will then receive May for free meaning all direct debits will restart on 1st June 2021.
- Annual payers will have their membership expiry date re calculated to compensate for the time the centre was closed.
General Measures we are undertaking include:
- Bookings will be taken from Wednesday 7th April – Sunday 11th April 9am – 5pm. Then from Monday 12th April during opening hours.
- To use the facility, you must pre book a session.
- Please book by phone on 01728 727223 or at reception – please leave a voicemail if the line is busy, or by emailing email@example.com.
- Each gym session will last 45 minutes. The pool sessions will last 40 minutes. 10 minutes is then allocated to change and vacate the centre. This then allows the staff enough time to sanitise hot spots and touch points ready for the next session.
- Limited numbers available (15 for the Swimming Pool and 14 for the Gym per session).
- Please cancel your booking in advance if you are unable to attend to give other members the opportunity to attend a session.
- There will be no limits to the sessions you can book per week, but this will be kept under review.
- Bookings can only be made up to 7 days in advance.
- A waiting list will be used when sessions are fully booked.
- The Sports Hall Car Park is still closed on Thursdays and Sundays due to being used as a COVID-19 test centre.
- Alternative car parking / pedestrian routes are available on those days.
- Queueing to enter the facility will run from the main entrance door towards the Astro Turf Sports Pitches. Please maintain a 2-metre distance from other members.
- Please do not arrive until 5 minutes before your pre booked session.
- Face masks must be worn around the facility unless you are exercising or swimming.
- Temperatures will be taken on arrival.
- Sanitise hands at stations when entering and exiting the building.
- Please ensure there is only one person / family at reception at any one time.
- You must register your arrival at reception using your membership card. This is crucially important should there be a localised outbreak and we need to have a record of visits for the governments Track and Trace system.
- Please register your visit by scanning one of the NHS QR codes you see around the facility.
- Where possible, payments made at reception will need to be paid by card, preferably contactless.
- Come ‘Swim ready’ (swimwear under clothing) where possible to reduce numbers / time spent in the changing rooms.
- Chairs are available to change on poolside which we would encourage where possible providing you are ‘swim ready’.
- All refurbished changing rooms and showers are back in operation.
- Pool layout will consist of 3 lanes (Fast, Medium, Slow/recreational)
- Numbers will be limited per lane.
- Fun Session is back on Sundays between 11am – 2pm. Adults (1) to child under 8 (2) ratio is back to normal.
- A total of 15 slots will be available for each swimming session.
- Come ‘Gym Ready’.
- Showers / changing are available.
- Please keep personal belongings to a minimum. Lockers are not currently available.
- Limited capacity in all gym rooms to ensure social distancing at all times.
- Before entering any of the 3 gym rooms – please sanitise hands using the stations available at each entry point.
- All stations / equipment are spread out so social distancing measures can be maintained.
- Around the gym you will find disinfectant sprays and hand towels. All equipment used must be wiped down before and after use in order to ensure the equipment is correctly sanitised.
- Increased staff levels will be monitoring rooms and clean down equipment at regular intervals.
- Classes are not permitted to restart until 17 May at the earliest.
Exiting the Centre:
- Gym users will exit via the front door where you entered the facility.
- Swimmers will exit via the fire exit next to lifeguard chair.
- The safety of staff and members is our number one priority.
- These procedures have been issued after working with the guidance published by UK Active, Swim England and the UK government.
- Face masks are now mandatory for both members and staff.
- Please clean all equipment before and after use to make the facility a safe place for all staff and members.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 meters throughout the facility.
- Please do not come to the gym if you do not feel well or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms. If you do have symptoms – self isolate and arrange a test at the earliest opportunity.
- Come to the facility dressed appropriate to your exercise, this is to help reduce times in the changing rooms.
- Use hand sanitiser stations before entering and exiting the gym rooms.
- Any questions please do not hesitate to ask the centre staff.
- Please ensure all personal details you have with us are kept up to date to ensure we can supply you all with the most up to date information.
- Everything is under constant review. Constructive feedback from all members and staff regarding the new arrangements will be greatly appreciated in order for us to make this work in a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
A risk assessment can be found on our Coronavirus update page here.