Framlingham College Prep School’s talented young athletes have continued their outstanding summer in a record breaking day at the Bedford International Athletics Stadium.
Competing against the most talented athletes in the region at the East of England Championships, the Framlingham boys and girls produced what can only be described as an unbelievable day’s athletics, with three pupils being crowned East of England Champions and nine pupils qualifying for the National Finals.
The following pupils have qualified for the National Finals:
- Suffolk Champion Emma Williamson who came second in the U13 Hurdles (in her first year of hurdling), setting a new school record.
- Fellow Suffolk Champion Louie Mayall won the U13 Javelin.
- Archie Shelley-Taylor won the U13 discus and again set a new school record.
- Freya Faulkner narrowly missed out qualifying for the U14 shot-putt, but came second in the U14 girls hurdles, again setting a new school record and
- Mabhir Mahmud came 2nd in U14 300m.
- Current National shot-putt champion Will Lamprell won the U13 high jump and U13 shot and in doing so has set a new East of England Championship record.
- And finally the U13 boys relay team of Nat Salsby, Freddie and Will Lamprell and Ben Smart have also qualified for the Nationals.
Emma, Archie, Will, Louie, Freya, Mabhir, Freddie, Nat and Ben will now go on to represent the East of England team at the National Athletics Finals at The Alexander Stadium in Birmingham on Tuesday July 4th.
Head of Athletics at the Prep School, Mr Bruce Wilson said: “This is an extraordinary set of performances by our young athletes. They have trained with great dedication this term and they love the thrill of competing at the Alexander Stadium in July.”