On Sunday, 14th May, over 20 of our talented athletes, including sixteen from Framlingham College Prep School entered the Suffolk County Track and Field Championships, held at Northgate Stadium, Ipswich. Despite some initial shocking weather, there were some brilliant performances with most of the competitors setting new Personal Bests and a new championship record of 1.5m in the High Jump (U13 boys) being set by Will Lamprell (Year 8).
Our amazing results:
- Lily Woodruff (Year 13) won the 1500m and came 2nd in the 800m (U20 women)
- Polly Peate (Year 12) won the 5000m (U20 women)
- Mimi Salsby (Year 10) won the 800m (U15 girls)
- Harry Williamson (Year 10) won the Discus (U15 boys)
- Louie Mayall (Year 7) threw 26m to win the Javelin
- Tabby Walker (Year 7) came 2nd in the Javelin and 3rd in Shot Put
- Alicia Pryce (Year 6) came 2nd in the 100m and
- Freya Faulkner (Year 8) was placed 2nd in Shot Put and 4th in Hurdles
Top of the pile were Emma Williamson (Year 7) and Will Lamprell (Year 8). In the U13 girls category: Emma won the High Jump, 70m hurdles and came 2nd in Long Jump. Will Lamprell came second in discus but won the Shot Put, together with his record-breaking win in the high jump.
We were very proud of all the athletes that gave up their Sunday to compete and look forward to the rest of the season.